RECIPE: ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE & ROOT VEGETABLES
This sheet pan method of roasting makes prep and clean up easy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 package low-fat chicken sausages
- ½ sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, chopped
- 2 medium-sized beets, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add turkey sausages and cook for 7-8 minutes until browned but not quite cooked in the middle.
- Meanwhile, add vegetables to a large baking sheet and toss with olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from oven and add turkey sausage, cooking another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
(Serving size: 1.5 cup)
18 g fat
4 g saturated fat
20 g carbs
4 g fiber
20 g protein
Source: modified from www.thegirlonbloor.com