BAKED CHICKEN AND VEGGIE QUESADILLAS
Many fruits and vegetables are at their peak in Spring, making it a great time try something new. Start by adding veggies to meals you’re already making – like these Chicken and Veggie Quesadillas. Serves: 8.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 lb of frozen grilled chicken breast, thawed
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, minced
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups of shredded light cheese
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
Preheat your oven to about 400°. Heat a tablespoon of oil over a medium-high heat stovetop and add your sliced onion, zucchini and tomato. Heat and stir until they become tender and fragrant. Then add your chicken and cilantro. Once everything is mixed, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray one side of each tortilla with cooking spray. Place half of your tortillas on a baking sheet with the oiled side down. Then, sprinkle each tortilla with shredded cheese and your prepared chicken and vegetable mixture. Cover your quesadillas each with another tortilla, oiled side up.
- Bake your quesadillas until they are golden brown, and the cheese has melted (about 7 to 9 minutes). Serve with Pico de Gallo, salsa, or whatever sides you prefer.
Serving Size: 1/2 a quesadilla
- 321 calories
- 13 g fat
- 20 g carbs
- 1.5 g fiber
- 26.6 g protein