HEALTHY SPICED FRUIT BAKE
Serve this as a dessert with low-fat ice cream, or with a hot bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. Serves 5.
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 2 cups pear slices
- 1.5 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter (4 to 5 tbsp melted vegan butter can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts or pecans
- Heat oven to 300F. Coat a 9×12 baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- While the oven heats, in a large bowl, toss your fruit and 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine your melted butter, spices, sugar and honey or syrup. Mix in a few tablespoons of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and stir until fruit is coated evenly. Add nuts and stir to combine. Pour into the 9×12 baking dish and bake for 1 hour.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- 273 calories
- 14.7 g fat
- 36.7 g carbs
- 5.2 g fiber
- 2 g protein
Source: modified from www.cottercrunch.com