FRENCH POTATO SALAD
A delicious, vegan, and easy to make potato herb salad perfect for springtime. Serves 6-8.
- 2 pounds of fresh potatoes sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, roughly chopped (or 1/4 cup dill or basil ribbons)
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons milk of choice
- Boil the potatoes: Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan covered completely with cold water, sprinkle in salt and bring to a boil. Add the 2 cloves of garlic, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Make the Vinaigrette: While potatoes are simmering, make the vinaigrette by whisking together Dijon, oil, vinegar, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Assemble: Drain potatoes and garlic. Place potatoes mostly single layer on a baking sheet to cool. Mince the cooked garlic and add to the vinaigrette. Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over the warm potatoes. Let sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve: add to a serving bowl gently tossed with chopped fresh herbs. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and chill.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 165 calories
- 9.5 g fat
- 18.5 g carbs
- 2.9 g fiber
- 2.1 g protein
Source: modified from www.feastingathome.com.