Stay Healthy. Save Money.
To fight the rapidly rising costs of prescription drugs, the Trust’s therapeutically based prescription plan includes a “Tier 0”. For the highly cost-effective medications under Tier 0, you pay nothing when using a Kaiser Permanente network pharmacy.
Tier 0 drugs are medications that have been proven to be safe and effective for many people, and can provide similar benefits to other more expensive brand and generic drugs at a substantially lower price.
Prescriptions Under Tier 0 Include:
- Cholesterol lowering medications (Simvastatin)
- Proton pump inhibitors (Prilosec OTC, with physician prescription)
- Non-sedating antihistamines (generic Claritin, Loratadine and Loratadine D)
What You Can Do:
- Talk to your doctor about appropriate medication choices for your condition.
- If your physician believes that you are one of the majority of patients appropriately treated with one of the $0 co-payment drugs listed above, ask him or her for a written prescription, even if the medication is over-the-counter.
- Pick up your prescription at one of the Kaiser Permanente network pharmacies – at no cost to you!
Find out more about your Prescription Coverage.
Questions? Call Kaiser Permanente Member Services at (888) 901-4636.